chris1

Hillclimb Giveaway Bike

Due to the torrential rain we had overnight the Hillclimb is postponed 2 weeks, it will run on Oct.22nd, sorry for the inconvience but the rain made it impossible to provide a safe event, see explanation at bottom of page.

Anyone with advance tickets who needs a refund can return the ticket to the point of sale. All advance tickets are good for the 22nd.

On October 22nd the Dayton Motorcycle Club hosts the 68th Annual Devil's Staircase AMA PRO HILLCLIMB presented by the Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Flickinger Legal Group, and Powder Keg Harley-Davidson with the support of Thunder Roads Ohio Motorcycle Magazine.

Gates open at 9am, Racing Starts at 1pm tickets are $20.00 at the gate. Kids 12 and under are FREE!!!

CUSTOM RIDE-IN BIKE SHOW presented by Thunder Roads Ohio
Vendors & Exhibitors

And... YOUR TICKET is your CHANCE TO WIN a 2017 HARLEY-DAVIDSON STREET GLIDE!

MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!

$5.00 off advance tickets are available at Powder Keg H-D in Mason, Buckeye H-D in Dayton, at the DMC Clubhouse on Wed. evenings.
Due to technical issues there will be NO online sales this year, sorry for the inconvience.

Directions: I-71 to exit 36, follow signs 2.5 miles, or St. Rt. 42 , 1 mile south of Waynesville follow signs to 1086 Corwin Rd. Oregonia Ohio.

Oregonia is 10 miles north of Kings Island.

NO carry in alcohol, NO overnight camping, NO pets.

Local Weather is here!!!

Hotels are here!!!

Camping is here!!!

We want to thank all of our die hard fans that braved the terrible weather today and made the trip to the Devil’s Staircase only to find it postponed 2 weeks until Oct. 22nd. You die hard fans are what has made this event a success for the last 68 years and we appreciate your support. Postponing an event is never an easy task, today there were many factors to be considered, some of those factors in no particular order were:

Condition of the hill, the hill was a muddy mess after the thunderstorms Saturday night and the dozer couldn’t scrape it.

Condition of the return path the riders use to come down the hill was impassable.

Pushing the bikes thru the pits in all that mud would have been a slow and daunting task.

The weather forecast for the rest of the day was terrible.

Those factors combined were not enough to postpone the event, we could have ran the event, it would have ran extremely long and possibly late into the evening, been a muddy mess for riders and spectators and more importantly would have been a terrible show for our fans.

The one factor that we couldn’t ignore was safety, there was no way to get an ambulance to the top of the hill, and there was no way we could put any of the riders in harms way without proper medical attention available.

When you factor in ALL of the things going against us today we really had no choice but to postpone the event 2 weeks. All tickets bought in advance will obviously be valid on Oct 22 and any person who needs a refund can return the ticket to where you purchased it and they will gladly return your money.
We apologize for the inconvenience today, and hope to see everyone on Oct. 22nd.